Website Aberdeen Housing Authrity
· Perform preventative and corrective maintenance and repairs as necessary for the upkeep of all owned/managed units.
· Perform minor skilled plumbing repairs including, but not limited to; replacement of washers, unplugging toilets, sinks, snaking drain lines, repair of leaking sink drains and supplies, repairs to existing irrigation and or leaking water lines.
· Perform minor electrical repairs including, but not limited to; lights, plugs, switches, dryers, heaters and air conditioners.
· Conduct general maintenance of all community areas, corridors, elevators and restrooms including, but not limited to; carpentry, painting, janitorial and general repairs.
· Maintain boilers, furnaces and domestic hot water systems including, but not limited to: keeping all motors, switches and pumps in working condition.
· Receive and complete work orders on a Samsung Galaxy or similar device or on paper as necessary. Complete any other required paperwork.
· Keep accurate and complete records including but not limited to; ordinary and preventative maintenance and inspections.
· Perform landscaping duties (lawn mowing, hedge trimming, and bed maintenance) as needed or when contractor is unavailable.
· Maintain grounds, parking lots, and driveways, including keeping walkways and parking lots free of snow and ice, as needed or when contractor in unavailable.
· Check units, where applicable, to assure tenants are properly moving snow, mowing lawn (family homes) and maintain units and yards.
· Conduct move-out inspections for exiting tenants using checklist. Take pictures of all move-outs. Collect all keys. Place vacant notice in mailboxes.
· Prepare vacant units for move-in, if contractor is unavailable. Including, but not limited to: repairing needed items, painting, cleaning, carpet cleaning and changing key cores.
· Operate and maintain Housing Authority maintenance vehicles in a clean and damage free manner.
· Attend and participate in meetings and trainings as required.
· Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
· Be able to detect problems before they become serious. Must be able to act in case of emergency, such as fire, water pipe breakage, etc.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. Ability to climb ladders to heights up to 12 feet. Ability to bend and stoop with sufficient agility to perform required repairs.
· Operate and maintain custodial equipment, ground maintenance equipment, hand and power tools
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTACT WITH OTHERS
· Employee must be able to accept directives from Management and keep them informed of area activities and any significant problems or maintenance concerns.
· Employee assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination and working relationships with vendors and service providers, assisting when necessary.
· Employee must be able to communicate with tenants, demonstrate patience and tactfulness, without allowing tenants to over utilize staff time. Use caution and discretion in sharing information with tenants to prevent risk of information being misinterpreted by tenants so as to harm the integrity of the housing complex, housing staff, or housing programs.
· Education: High School completion or Trade School
· South Dakota drivers license with a clean driving record.
· Two years experience in maintenance work.
· One year interior/exterior painting experience.
· Strong knowledge of safety practices as required for maintenance procedures.
· Above average written and oral communication skills.
· Experience with plumbing, electrical, heating, roofing, refrigeration, masonry, landscaping, locks keying, and housekeeping.
· Knowledge of computer or tablet operations preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com