Website 3M Company
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“I’ve seen firsthand how 3M is a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact they’re making around the world, and that they know they’re valued.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Maintenance Technician, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
· Using various machine and hand tools such as drill press, vertical and horizontal band saws, pedestal grinders, drill motors, disc sanders, files, taps, levels, pipe thread machine, arc and gas welders, etc.
· Understanding the theory of operation, logic sequence, and performing general mechanical repairs, P.M.’s or adjustments on all plant and production equipment.
· Working from blueprints, sketches, or verbal instructions and performing a variety of construction, fabrication, or repair work using steel, sheet metal, plastic, or wood.
· Performing moving and installation of plant or production equipment requiring leveling, trimming grouting, set-up and start-up.
· Installing mechanical or hydraulic and pneumatic piping to plant or production equipment.
· Being responsible for inventory of assigned tool cabinet, cart, and hand tools, entering time correctly on a daily basis, and completing daily work records and gathering data as required
· Understanding the procedure of charging out spare parts from the Maintenance Stockroom.
· Performing general mechanical and electrical/electronic repairs, P.M.’s or adjustments on all plant, facilities, and production equipment.
· Maintaining a neat and orderly work area and observing all 3M and department safety rules and practices.
· Performing other miscellaneous duties as required by supervisor and/or crew leader.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
· Ability to work on weekends, on holidays, and regularly work overtime
· Ability to work a fixed 2nd or 3rd shift
· Ability to work shift coverage on a short notice
· Possession of a High School Diploma/GED or higher
· Possession of (or in the last 6 months of completing) a two (2) year technical degree in a maintenance field OR a minimum of ten (10) year of experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit 3m.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.