Scholarship Cycle for the 2020-2021 School Year
The application cycle is open from August 18 – October 16, 2020.
Please log into AcademicWorks to start your scholarship application. https://lakeareatech.academicworks.com
Use your Lake Area Technical College MyPortal login credentials to create your application.
User Name: The username you utilize on “MyPortal” (ex: ab123456)
Password: MyPortal password
**If you are an Applicant or Scholarship Administrator needing help with your MyPortal Username or password, please contact the Foundation Office.
The Lake Area Technical College Foundation awarded more than $400,000 in scholarship support to nearly 400 students this past academic year. We encourage all incoming and returning students starting in the Fall of 2020 to apply.
- Both in-state students and out-of-state students are eligible for the scholarships.
- The scholarships will support tuition, fees, books and other required program expenses in the eligible technical College programs.
- Recipients of the scholarships will commit to living and working in the state, in their field of study, for three years following graduation.
- For additional information about program requirements and the student workforce commitment; please see the Build Dakota Scholarship site at www.builddakotascholarships.com
- Build Dakota Scholarship applications are open January 1 – March 31, 2021.
Click here to view the entire list of 2019-20 Build Dakota Scholarship recipients.
Frequently Asked Questions Click to learn more details about the Build Dakota Scholarship program including information about the application/selection process, qualifications, financial aid information, expenses, in-school status, debt conversion and what happens after the scholarship recipient graduates.
LAKE AREA TECH PROGRAMS IDENTIFIED AS BUILD DAKOTA SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBLE
Agriculture – Dairy Option
Agriculture – Precision Technology Option
Building Trades Technology
Computer Information Systems*
Custom Paint and Fab
Electronic Systems Technology*
Heavy Equipment Operator
High Performance Engine Machining
Med/Fire Rescue or Paramedic*
Medical Lab Technician*
* Online E-Degrees available in these programs.
For more information about Foundation or Build Dakota Scholarships, please contact:
Brittany Rost, Foundation Administrative Assistant
1-605-882-5284 Ext. 292