The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)
Lake Area Technical College is an FAA-approved Test Administrator of The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST). TRUST is a collaboration between the FAA and industry to provide TRUST and educational safety material to Recreational Flyers.
Recreational flyers can access The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) webpage here. Link will open a new page.
1. After you click the quiz link, you will be directed to complete the registration form.
2. You must complete the quiz once you begin. If you exit, you will need to start again.
3. Upon successful completion, a certificate will be promptly issued to you. Please save a digital copy and/or print a copy that can be presented, if needed.
Upon completion of the test, recreational flyers should print or save a digital copy of their completion certificate and keep it on their person when they fly. Lake Area Technical College cannot re-issue your completion certificate if it is lost. The FAA cannot re-issue your completion certificate. Should you lose your completion certificate, you will need to re-take TRUST and obtain a new certificate.
- Register your drone through the FAA Drone Zone before you fly if it weighs more than .55 lbs
- FAA-Approved UAS Service Suppliers (FAA USSs) of the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC).
- LAANC USSs provide FAA approved airspace authorizations and information about airspace restrictions to recreational flyers who wish to fly in controlled airspace.
- Approved service suppliers have created apps that can be downloaded via apple or google play. Links to the companies are available here.
- B4UFLY provides information about airspace and does not offer airspace authorizations.
- Information about how to get started as a recreational flyer.