Community Education for All Learners
Our Corporate Education division offers a wide variety of community education courses that will help sharpen your current skillset or open the door to a brand new skill. We encourage you to explore this page and learn all about what we have to offer. Whether you’re an individual looking to gain expertise in a new area, an employee looking to advance in your career, or an employer who would like to upskill employees – you’ve come to the right place!
Upcoming Community Education for All Learners Opportunities
Basic Auto Body Workshop
Hobby car owners and enthusiasts will love this five-day hands-on workshop featuring Lake Area Tech’s Custom Paint & Fabrication instructors Todd Bretschneider and Patrick DeVille. Participants will gain a basic understanding in several areas to apply to their projects at home.
- Welding & Sheet Metal Repair
- Plastic Filler & Sanding Techniques
- Paint Gun Setup & Primer Application
- Sealer & Base/Clear Application
- Fresh Finish Detail
Participants will need to bring a dust mask, disposable paint respirator (3M Product Number 52P71), and coveralls.
Week 1: Monday, April 17 – Wednesday, April 19 – Friday, April 21
Week 2: Monday, April 24 and Wednesday, April 26
Location: Lake Area Tech Custom Paint & Fab Lab
Time: 5:00 – 9:00 PM (A short meal will be provided).
Cost: $900 per person
Minimum of 8 participants, maximum of 10
Basic Wire Feed Welding Workshop
Perfect for the entry level welder or hobbyist, this course focuses on welder setup and components, basic welding techniques, and more. Participants will learn the proper technique for starting and terminating a weld with short circuit transfer.
- Machine set up and welding settings
- Settings for different thicknesses of metals
- Starting and terminating a weld with short circuit transfer
- Flat, vertical down, horizontal, and overhead weld positions
Please wear long sleeves, long pants, and closed-toe shoes. The department will provide safety glasses, gloves, and helmets.
Week 1: Monday, March 27 – Wednesday, March 29 – Thursday, March 30
Week 2: Tuesday, April 4 & Thursday, April 6
Location: Lake Area Tech Welding Lab
Time: 6:00 – 9:00 PM (A short meal will be provided).
Cost: $250 per person
Minimum of 6 participants, maximum of 10
- Bring Your ‘A’ Game to Work
- Build Your Own 3D Printer
- Capturing Stunning Photos & Videos with Drones
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Commercial Driver’s Licensing (CDL)
- CPR & First Aid
- Creating Captivating Social Media Content for Your Business
- Customer Service
- Excel – Beginners & Advanced Classes
- Expanded Functions for Dental Assistants
- Forklift Certification
- Grain Bin Safety
- Microsoft Office Excel and Teams Classes
- Recreational Drone Knowledge & Skills
- sUAS ‘Drone’ Remote Pilot Ground School
- Supervisor Training
- Welding Techniques
Current Community Education for All Learners Offerings
Please click the buttons below to view the classes we currently offer in these categories:
Submit Your Ideas
Our team strives to offer a wide variety of relevant courses that individuals and business/industry find valuable, but we also invite you to submit ideas for future classes, seminars, and workshops. Please email your ideas and expert recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ed2Go Online Courses
Ed2Go offers a wide range of convenient online courses to help you learn a new skill or advance in your career. Classes are offered in a variety of areas including Art & Design, Business, Computer Applications, Construction & Trades, Health & Fitness, Hospitality, Information Technology, and more.
Lake Area Tech Corporate Education
April Geffre, Administrative Assistant
Terri Cordrey, Director of Corporate Education
Shane Swenson, Director of Outreach
605-882-5284 ext. 320