Lake Area Tech Lactation Rooms
In support of our students, employees, and campus guests who are nursing mothers, three lactation rooms are available on campus. One in Student Services Room 431, one in the Prairie Lakes Healthcare Center of Learning, and one in the MET building. Please contact the building administrative assistant to reserve a room.
The lactation rooms are available for both day and evening hours.
Lactation Room Specifics:
- Space is available for one nursing mother.
- A cooler is available in the room if needed.
- A water fountain is located near the entrance to the lactation room.
- Consumable items such as wipes, disposable bottles, and paper towels will be available.
- If the lactation room is needed in the evening, ask how to access the room after 5:00 p.m. when you initially request the room.
- The room may only be used for its intended use.
If you have specific questions relating to breastfeeding, the certified lactation specialist at Prairie Lakes Hospital can be reached at 605-882-7000. There are also breastfeeding resource materials on the PLHS website at www.prairielakes.com.