At Lake Area Technical Institute, we wholeheartedly thank all veterans for their service to our country. We appreciate your dedication to our nation and we are here to help you build on your military experience. Our veterans’ staff is committed to facilitating your success in post-secondary technical education. We offer veterans and their families a variety of on-campus services and benefits including:
- Possible academic credit for your military experience, saving time and money. Click here for more details.
- Application fee refunded to veterans. Please be sure to indicate in the comment portion of your application that you are a veteran AND mail a photocopy of your valid military ID card or a photocopy your DD214 to: Lake Area Tech Admissions, PO Box 730, Watertown, SD 57201.
- Assistance with employment services
- Veteran recognition events, including Constitution Day event
- Veteran Ops Lounge in our Student Center
- Veteran activities throughout the year
- Counseling Services
Veterans’ Services Staff
We are pleased that our Lake Area Tech staff is comprised of many veterans and military personnel including the President, Registrar, Retention Coordinator, and the Corporate Education Coordinator in addition to a number of instructors and support staff.
Our veteran services staff assists veterans who wish to further their education at LATI.
On-Campus VA Certifying Official
On-Campus point of contact for GoArmyEd, SD National Guard, and SD Air National Guard
SD Department of Labor and Regulations Job Adviser
Veterans, are you looking for help in finding a career that’s similar to your military job? Click here for a Career Inventory Survey.
Lake Area Technical Institute is proud to be a Military Friendly ® School.
Each year, the list of Military Friendly® Schools is provided to service members and their families, helping them select the best college, university, or trade school to receive the education and training needed to pursue a civilian career. LATI has been included on the Military Friendly ® Schools list for eight consecutive years.