Lake Area Technical Institute values and respects the dignity and worth of all students and the diverse opportunities that are available to everyone. Members of diverse groups possess gifts, talents, experiences, histories, and cultures that allow them to make valuable contributions to the educational mission of the institution and to all those associated with the institution.
Program and Services:
- Supports the recruitment, transition, retention, persistence and graduation of American Indian students.
- Seeks to increase cross cultural engagement, encourages the appreciation of cultural and human differences, and advocates for the respectful inclusion of Indigenous knowledge.
- Devoted to strengthening relationships with, and among, the students, staff, and faculty of LATI, and the tribal nations of South Dakota.
Off Campus Resources:
- Multicultural Center
2500 5th Street SE, Watertown, SD 57201
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Pastoral and Liturgical Resources
- Films, Publications, Forums on Immigration/Multicultural Issues
- Around the World Summer Youth Program
- Meeting Place for Cultural Discussions and Celebrations
- Adult Conversational Spanish Courses
- Cultural Celebrations
- Summer Youth Program – Around the World
- ESL Classes (English as a Second Language)
- Native American History and Culture Courses
- Pastoral Resources
- Immigration Issues Advocacy
- Jail/Prison Ministry
- Speedy Spanish
- Spanish Communication for Teachers K-12
- Walk a Mile in My Moccasins: An Appreciation of Native American Culture
- Empowering Immigrant Women in Northeastern South Dakota
Meet Our Team
Kristina Cloutier is located in the Center for Student Engagement and Support (Room 209) Monday through Thursday from 8 AM to 4 PM. Walk ins welcome! No appointment necessary (but it is suggested to ensure she is available and not with another student).
882-5284 Ext. 399