What makes our Precision Machining program so unique?
- Awesome Facilities 11,000 square feet of dedicated lab space.
- Impressive Equipment 76 machines, including 11 different computerized models.
- Competitive Edge In recent years, our students have placed among the top finalists in the National Skills Competition.
- Real Fun Student teams from Precision Machining, Electronics, Robotics and Welding design and build their own robot, and then go for the technical glory in an all-out, no-mercy, robot competition. The robots’ performance is judged by business and industry representatives. As if that weren’t cool enough – there are also CASH PRIZES!
- Sweet Paycheck Technicians in this field are paid REALLY well. Just six months after graduating, the average starting wage for LATI 2017 program grads was $19.39.
- Meaning We believe that Precision Machining is a career with integrity and purpose. In these economic times, having the self-reliant skills of a machinist will put you in a position to do something, strengthening your area businesses and infrastructure by supplying much needed expertise. At LATI, we take this idea to an even deeper level, teaching our students that their ingenuity and skill can be put to truly life-changing use.