All steps of the application process must be completed by the application deadline.
E-Degree part-time deadline is October 1, 2019 for the spring 2020 class.
On-campus program deadline is December 6, 2019 for fall 2020. Transcript deadline is December 6, 2019.
E-Degree full-time applications accepted from September 1, 2019 – March 9, 2020 for fall 2020.
1) Submit completed application and fee using the Online Application.
2) Complete the ATI-TEAS entrance exam. The exam must be completed by the application deadline. The ATI-TEAS is offered at Lake Area Tech Monday through Friday, except holidays. Select Saturday appointments are available also. Check with the Admissions Office for those dates and for summer test dates. A photo ID must be presented to take the exam. The TEAS can only be taken twice with a minimum of 30 days between dates.
The entrance exam takes about three hours to complete and has four parts: Math Skills, Reading, Science and English/Language.
The cost for the exam is $58.00 and must be paid with a credit/debit card. Pre-registration IS REQUIRED through the ATI Testing website before taking the test. The ATI-TEAS Study Guide is recommended to prepare for the exam. The guide is available at ATI Testing. Practice assessments are also available for purchase in combination with the study guide through the online store.
3) Submit official high school and college transcripts.Transcripts must have an official school seal. Copies will not be accepted.
4) Verify completed application with the Admission Assistant at 1-800-657-4344 Ext. 290.
Acceptance to the Practical Nursing program will be based on the following criteria:
- ATI-TEAS Nursing School Entrance Exam score
- Most recent GPA score of 2.5 or better
- Completion of pre-requisite/recommended courses
Applicants will be notified of acceptance or denial by letter. Students accepted into the Practical Nursing program will be asked to make an appointment with the department head of the nursing program. Students will also be required to provide a record of the following for the student file by the beginning of the school year:
- A physical examination
- Current immunizations, including MMR, DPT and polio.
- Mantoux test, current within the last year
- Hepatitis series, either completed or in progress of completion
- Tdap (unless Td in the last 2 years)
- Varicella titer
Individuals who are certified nursing assistants or who have successfully completed the Northeast Technical High School health science course will be granted two credits for prior learning when a record of completion is made available to the Admissions Office.
Criminal background checks are performed on all students before clinical rotations at the student’s expense.