Experience the rewards. This option will prepare you to assist people with developmental disabilities (autism, Down syndrome, learning disabilities, etc.). You could work with individuals in their homes, in a group home or in a developmental training center. Make a difference by helping people to:
- Practice independent living skills
- Choose healthy, positive activities
- Participate in social activities
- Engage in meaningful employment
- Communicate their needs with family and medical professionals
As a student of the Developmental Disabilities option, you can expect interactive, experience-based learning. We have carefully designed the coursework to include opportunities to practice care and support methods. We also require a 4-week internship at the end of your second semester.
Choose to graduate with a diploma after 9 months, or get an 18 month Associates of Applied Science degree—it’s up to you!