What makes our Financial Services program so unique?
- Options Offering traditional on-campus instruction plus online (hybrid) options.
- Real World Experience Through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA), our students have the special opportunity to obtain advanced IRS certification in order to assist elderly and low-income individuals with tax preparation. This provides a huge service to the community as well as crucial work-experience for our students.
- Great Learning Using the stock exchange game “Fantasy Fortune” our students research, follow, and virtually invest in actual companies, competing for real cash prizes of up to $500! (The only virtual part of the game is the money the students invest.)
- Extreme Employability Financial Services graduates have been hired at numerous regional banks, as well as working for CPAs, small businesses, and government offices. Most Financial Services students land a part-time job in finance while they are going to school. Should their employment turn into a full time opportunity (which it often does), our online-hybrid option gives students the flexibility to finish their education at their own pace!
- Connections Articulation agreements are in place with Mount Marty, SDSU, DSU and others for a seamless transition into a Bachelors in Accounting, Marketing Management, Finance, Economics, Industrial Management and others.