What makes our Diesel Technology program so unique?
- Facilities One of the largest diesel training centers in the country—43,000 square feet.
- Equipment Over 60 operational diesel engines, many with electronic controlled fuel systems. New John Deere 7230 leased each year for training purposes. Three overhead cranes. New truck chassis dynamometer room and new Industrial/Ag dynamometer. Computer firmware and software for parts and service information on all major brands of diesel equipment.
- Partnerships CAT partnership, providing 26 new CAT engines, CAT wheel loaders, motor grader, loader backhoe and truckloads of CAT component parts. CASE partnership providing a new Case IH 7120 combine, a new CASE IH JX70, a variety of new Case IH engines, Case IH transmissions, and a new CASE IH140 Puma.
- Certifications Fully certified by Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) AND the Association of Equipment Distributors (AED). LATI is one of very few schools to be certified by both.
- Instructors Top-notch instructors with backgrounds in repair and rebuilding of diesel and gasoline engines (including all phases of engine machine work): tractors, combines and other agricultural equipment; light, medium and heavy-duty trucks.
- Real World Experience Hands on training from day one—and every day after that! Students preform repairs on real projects, not just training aids.