Make your vision happen. Offering a unique mix of photography and business training, this option will prepare you to start your own photography business or work in the artistic/visual communications field.
As a student of this 20 month option, you can expect active, project-based training in a broad range of photography types. You’ll get advanced training in photo editing and enhancement, learn how to effectively market/broadcast your work, and learn real-world application from visiting professional photographers. You will also complete an experience-building internship or final (capstone) project.
Please note: You will be required to purchase a professional quality camera.
Application for the Photography/Media Option:
Acceptance into this option is limited. In addition to the LATI application, you must submit the following for review:
- An essay, addressing these items:
- Why do you want to be a photographer?
- Describe your previous photography/media experience (even if your experience is limited).
- Discuss why you want to have a photography business.
- Submit 10 images of any previous photography or media you have produced. These are used to assess your skill level prior to attending.
These items are required prior to acceptance. You may submit the above completed package through our online form. Or, you may send the package to us at:
Lake Area Technical Institute
PO Box 730
1201 Arrow Ave.
Watertown, SD 57201
An acceptance committee will review complete applications before a final decision is made.