The sky’s the limit! Lake Area Tech is excited to offer our new nine-month Agri-Aviation diploma option for students interested in becoming aerial spray pilots. LATI’s outstanding Agriculture and Aviation Maintenance Technology programs now offer this unique combination option for anyone with a passion for ag and aviation. The Agri-Aviation option is the first of its kind at technical institutes in South Dakota and one of only a handful in the nation.
Students may enter the option and graduate with a diploma or enter the option after completing LATI’s Agriculture or Aviation programs. Graduates of this option will obtain a private pilot’s license and be trained to work in the field of agriculture aviation as an aerial application pilot, aerial application technician, or aerial application owner/operator.
Training in this option includes:
- aircraft operation for chemical aerial application to fields
- GPS management for accurate application
- job record maintenance using GPS equipment, computer hardware, and software
- management of crop and plant health using appropriate chemicals
- crop and weed identification
- safety practices in a dynamic agricultural, aviation, and chemical handling environment
- administration of first aid and/or CPR
- compliance with local, state, and federal commercial pesticide application guidelines
- flight training (additional fees apply)
The job demand is high in this industry. Secure your future today!