Dual Credit updated registration procedures
March 27, 2020: Here is the latest dual credit information from our Retention and Dual Credit Coordinator directed to school counselors in regard to high school students and dual credit classes:
- Our $25 application fee for LATC programs has been waived until June 1st. No fee for dual credit. Our admissions team is also waiving the testing requirement for LATC acceptance and will use other methods to determine acceptance.
- LATC is not giving the Accuplacer on campus or remotely at this time. We are working on a plan to improve our testing capacity when testing resumes since the ACT and Smarter Balance test scores may not be available. Tina Cloutier will no longer be the test coordinator after next week. If you have questions, hopefully I can answer them by the time testing is up and running again.
LATC technical courses- Any course NOT marked with a T (ENGL101T, PSYC101T, SPCM101T, etc.) will continue to be registered based on a school officials recommendation that the student is academically prepared, mature and motivated to take college level courses (especially true of online).
BOR transferable courses marked with a T. I will follow the guidance of the BOR if there are any changes but for now I will register ALL STUDENTS that I receive an online application and approval form. I will provisionally register those students that have not met the BOR admissions requirements such as GPA, class rank, test scores, etc. and keep track of this in an Excel document that I will provide each school and work through the best we can once things are “normal”. If a transcript is able to be sent, and the student is now a sophomore with a 3.5 GPA or a junior with a 3.25 GPA or matching class rank, I will register them and once this semester is over, just get an updated transcript to verify. This will help register students for any class except ENGL101T or MATH114T which will need placement test scores.
Updated registration process– Transcripts and signatures may be difficult since you will not be in physical contact with your students.
LATC’s Dual Credit page: https://www.lakeareatech.edu/academics/dual-credit/
- Student will fill out the online dual credit registration https://my.lakeareatech.edu/ICS/Admissions/LATC_Dual_Credit_Application/
- Student and parent will fill out the approval form with the requested course and section https://www.lakeareatech.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/20-21Dual-Enrollment-Approval-Form-fillable.pdf
- Available Fall 2020 course list https://www.lakeareatech.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/2020-FL-dual-credit-courses-to-website-2-28-2020.pdf. Summer courses are on our website.
- Student may scan or take a picture of the approval from and email to the high school official.
- High school official approves or denies the student request for the requested course and section.
- If approved, the high school official forwards the emailed approval form to me (no signature needed). Any changes to the requested course can be made in the body of the email.
- I will register the student and keep track of any provisional courses and provide that list to you on a regular basis.
Lee Quale, Retention and Dual Credit Coordinator
(605) 882-5284 Ext. 220 (I am still on campus working or it will go to my cell phone if I am off campus)
(800) 657-4344 Fax (605) 882-6299