COVID Vaccine Event
UPDATE ON APRIL 7:
Lake Area Tech Students,
You have the opportunity to get the one-dose COVID vaccination! Although sign-up is preferred, Prairie Lakes is now making the LATC Student single-dose J&J Vaccination event on Friday a “walk-in” event for LATC Students – no registration/appointment necessary. Since there are only 500 doses, registration is still encouraged, just not required. Walk-ins are welcome for the duration of the event or until doses are gone. The availability of the last dose would be 15 mins prior to the end of the event (so, factoring in the 15 minute wait and event closing by 5 PM, last shot will be at the latest 4:45pm). This might mean walk-ins may find a line/people waiting.
For the remainder of this year, and through next school year, vaccinated students who are not symptomatic will be exempt from LATC quarantine for close contact.
Here is the interim CDC guidance regarding vaccinated individuals:
“Fully vaccinated people can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
- Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel.
- Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States.
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:
- Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing
- Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
- Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations”
You have done an amazing job combatting COVID. Let’s all take this next step together!
See you on Friday!
PREVIOUS MESSAGE WITH REGISTRATION INFORMATION: Prairie Lakes Healthcare System (PLHS) will be hosting a COVID vaccination event with the single-dose Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (J&J) vaccine for LATC students on Friday April 9th from 7 AM to 5 PM. The event will be held at the LATC – 4th floor.
Scheduling and Event Details
- Please use the link in the email you received regarding this event.
- After you register, you will receive a confirmation email indicating your successful registration – you do NOT need to print and bring that with you.
- The vaccination times are set up based on availability of vaccinators and time allowed between each individual being vaccinated. Please arrive on time.
- The vaccine is given in the upper arm so please wear clothing that allows for relatively easy access to that area, such as a short sleeve shirt with zip or button up sweatshirt, sweater, or jacket over top.
- You are required to wear a face covering over your nose and mouth during the vaccination process and wait time.
- You will be required to remain onsite for 15 minutes after your vaccination to ensure no immediate untoward reaction to the vaccine.
- Information about the J&J vaccine is attached to the email you received (and available in the registration link).
- Please print the consent form during the registration process or from the attachment with the email you received. Complete the questionnaire/consent form and bring it with you to ensure a timely and efficient vaccination process for you and others.