To be considered for admission to Lake Area Technical Institute, international students must:
- Rank in the upper half of their secondary school graduation class
- Have a 3.0 (B) average if transferring from another technical school, college or university
- Be proficient in English
- Be financially self-sustaining
Your application will be processed when we receive ALL of the following documents and information. Please use the following as a checklist:
- Complete and return an application form. Files for international students must be complete by May 1st for Fall Semester and September 1st for Spring Semester
- Submit the $250.00 international application fee
- Academic credentials (translated into English)
- TOEFL score (minimum paper-based score of 500, computer-based score of 200; score cannot be more than two years old). The results must be sent to Lake Area Technical Institute, Attention Registrar, 1201 Arrow Ave, Watertown, SD 57201.
- Financial certification form
Download Form - Microsoft Word | PDF
- Letter from financial sponsor (if applicable)
- Bank/Employer/Broker financial statement
An I-20 cannot be issued to you until your file is complete and you are admitted to Lake Area Technical Institute. The form I-20 is usually necessary for admission into the United States for post-secondary attendance. The American Consulate in your country can supply detailed information on student status and required visas.
Thank you for your interest in Lake Area Tech!