At Lake Area Technical Institute, we wholeheartedly thank all veterans for their service to our country. We appreciate your dedication to our nation and we are here to help you build on your military experience. Our veterans’ staff is committed to facilitating your success in post-secondary technical education. We offer veterans and their families a variety of on-campus services and benefits including:
- Possible academic credit for your military experience, saving time and money. Click here for more details.
- Application fee refunded to veterans. Please be sure to indicate in the comment portion of your application that you are a veteran AND mail a photocopy of your valid military ID card or a photocopy your DD214 to: Lake Area Tech Admissions, PO Box 730, Watertown, SD 57201.
- Assistance with employment services
- Veteran recognition events, including Constitution Day event
- Veteran Ops Lounge in our Student Center
- Veteran activities throughout the year
- Counseling Services – Lake Area Tech’s on-campus counselor, Megan Howard, is trained in counseling for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and has obtained certification as a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional. She has also earned the Veterans Behavioral Health Certificate and the ISTSS Advanced Training in Traumatic Stress Certificate. Her professional memberships include the International Association of Trauma Professionals.
Veterans’ Services Staff
We are pleased that our Lake Area Tech staff is comprised of many veterans and military personnel including the President, Registrar, Retention Coordinator, an Admissions Representative, and the Corporate Education Coordinator in addition to a number of instructors and support staff.
Our veteran services staff assists veterans who wish to further their education at LATI.
On-Campus VA Certifying Official
On-Campus point of contact for GoArmyEd, SD National Guard, and SD Air National Guard
SD Department of Labor and Regulations Representative
Veterans, are you looking for help in finding a career that’s similar to your military job? Click here for a Career Inventory Survey.
Lake Area Technical Institute is proud to be a Military Friendly ® School.
The Military Friendly ® Schools list honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans, and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus. LATI has been included on the Military Friendly ® Schools list for five consecutive years.